LoraWAN® is a Low-Power Wide-Area (LPWA) radio communication technology that supports long-range connectivity (>10km in line of sight conditions) between gateways and low power devices (1 AA battery sufficient for multi-year operation in many applications), enabling cost-effective IoT deployments with inexpensive infrastructure and devices, for both public and private network deployments.
The OrbiWAN TM platform is horizontally and vertically scalable from a local server deployment to global operators running on large clusters of VM. to millions of gateways and billions of devices The standard automatic network manager allows any basic user to use the solution out ‘of-the-box’ while an experienced operator can customize the parameters to fine grain detail, managing multiple groups in the same network separately.
Key features of OrbiWAN TM version 6.0 include:
- Support for all device versions: 1.1.1, 1.0.3, 1.0.2
- Multicast (both Class-B and class-C)
- Region support: EU868, US915, IN865, AS923, AS923/Japan, AU915, CN470, RU864
- “Instant messaging”: Application can answer an uplink in the RX1/2 window of the same uplink
- Improved multicast downlink scheduling
- RX window selection
- QoS-based dynamic link adaptation
- Channel management via profiles enables network deployment with heterogenous gateways (e.g. 8ch, 16ch ,64ch etc.)
- Passive Roaming support
- Device time sync via MAC command
- Periodic battery and device status reporting
- Powerful Device and Service Profiles allow fast and flexible management of large groups of devices and enables advanced automatic network management features.
- Monitoring of gateways with alarms
- Operations on GW groups for large networks.
- Batch job scheduling including firmware update
- Access to gateway logs
- Multiple option for lost gateways “recovery”, e.g. via SMS
- Multi-tenant architecture with users’ hierarchy
- Detailed network trace for tenants and administrators
- Paged access for all Gateways, devices, payloads etc.
- 30++ commercial gateways supported natively, with advanced features such as:
- 2 Simultaneous transmission on specific gateway
- Setting of DL TX power per antenna, band and RX slot
- Local packet storage on gateway during backhaul failure
- Audit trail
- Encrypted and authenticated backhaul to gateways via dedicated gateway agent
- Option for redundant (simultaneous) cellular backhaul in cases of unreliable cellular network
- Monitoring of multiple backhauls and managed selection of best link
- Native support for “basic-station” and legacy packet forwarder
Data Access & Device Management
- Connectors for main IoT cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, IBM Bluemix, etc.).
- Four-levels hierarchical account management with flexible, fine-grain rights management
- All features available via fully document REST API
- Data-path (uplink and downlink) also via MQTT, WebSocket and Kafka
- Graphical user interface
- Data forwarding (push) to applications via REST, WebSocket, MQTT, Kafka
- Support for multiple applications per device
- Payload message decoding (e.g. binary sensor data to JSON)
- Storage of device data for customizable period of time
- Basic trace function per device allowing to see LoraWAN Mac message exchange
- Powerful hierarchical administration
- Fine-grain rights management allowing multiple administrator to manage different accounts and features
- Account forwarding allowing administrators to perform functions as another user, allowing customer support to help user without needing the user credentials.
- Management of device in groups
- Abstraction of device types via device profiles
- Device registration via user-friendly dialogs
- Batch device registration via CSV file
Additional available services
- Network-based Geolocation
- FUOTA server
- Integrated JOIN server. Support for third-party JOIN Servers